Pages

September 12, 2009

[ fall festival weekend ]

This weekend is Connell's annual Fall Festival.

The "weekend" started earlier in the week - I think Tuesday-Wednesday-ish - when this mini-village mirage popped up just down the road from our house. (Not a great picture - it's from the car!)
Last night, I took the cheerleaders and we met up with Jessica and Todd in Cashmere for the football game. Last season, we lost to Cashmere in the play-offs and they went on to win the WA State 1A Championship. I think the Eagles were ready to settle the score and they sure did! We won 14-10. It was a nice summer-ish night. I wish all the football games were like that!

As if we haven't been together enough in the past two weeks, the cheerleaders got together again this morning to cheer in the parade. Here they are, lookin' pretty cute!

I have no pictures, but I also got to be in the parade this year as "Educator of the Year" duties. I was DREADING it, but it was fun to see everyone and throw candy!

I entered a few quilts into the Arts & Crafts show...

was I surpised to go this afternoon and see this Red Ribbon on the quilt I made for Melissa's birthday!

If you're faithful blog readers, you might recognize a few of these:

(the stripe-y one is Nichole Harris' - I think it's soooo cute!)

Melissa Kelly's entries are on the right. I love love love the table runner on the bottom.

Melissa - is there a pattern for this or did you create it on your own?

Mom, Dad, and I also went to CBJLS and the Livestock Sale. It was pretty hot, but we sat next to the portable air conditioner! It was a hot spot!

Mom and I enjoyed lunch at Mei Lings, had the car washed by the Class of 2011, and came home and crashed. It's tiring to have so much fun!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Awwww, I recognize that track/football field :)

Jessica said...

Red ribbon is good---right??? Cause you rock!!!