Pages

February 23, 2012

.mr & mrs rogerson.

Only about three months late…but better late than never, I guess!
I made this table runner over the weekend for this lovely couple
Alex and Jennie Pennie Rogerson
407559_10150577661693739_510703738_8947389_280749925_n
(thanks for letting me steal the picture from your Facebook Jenn!)
They were kind enough to have their wedding reception on my birthday, so I got one heckuva party for my birthday! :)
I knew Jennie’s style is more elegant than cute and fun (even though she is elegant, cute, AND fun) – so when I saw this fabric, I knew it was a good choice for their table runner.
 IMG_1829
 IMG_1828
I picked up this pattern at the Tri-City Quilt Show a year or two ago. The example runner on the pattern used more modern fabric, but I like how this more classic fabric becomes modern with the circles.
  IMG_1830
I enjoy making table runners for wedding gifts – while I’m making the table runner, I think of the new couple and them creating a home and this table runner adding some home-i-ness and coziness to their new home.
  IMG_1832
I will probably be making this pattern again. I really like how it turned out and it’s nice and long, which I love!
IMG_1833
Congratulations Alex and Jenn….here’s wishing you a lifetime of happiness and love! xo
 IMG_1834

Pattern: Pearl District by Busy Bee
Fabric: Etchings by 3 Sisters
Pieced and Quilted by: Marcie

No comments: