Pages

May 21, 2012

.all star.

As soon as I saw this quilt on a blog, I knew I wanted to make it! Luckily, the blog was one from a quilt store and they had a kit! YAHOO!

The pattern is from Buggy Barn – which are really fun to make!

photo 1

The fabric is just so fun! I think it’s hard to find good, cute fabric for boys, so I was excited to see this!

 photo 2

I took it to Susan Johnson to quilt and she did a great job as usual! She quilted each star differently, which makes for some really cool textures! The whole thing is quilted in orange!

 photo 3 

photo 4

She also quilted stars and swirls in the border – fun detail!
The pattern called for a biased binding, which I’d never done before. The cutting part is the hardest and I definitely need more practice on that!

photo 5

Pattern: Stars by Buggy Barn
Fabric: All Star by Riley Blake
Quilted by: Susan Johnson

No comments: