Pages

May 28, 2009

[ nothing exciting ]

Hmmm...it seems I haven't had a real update for a while.
Last week, we planned to go to Priest Lake to open it up for the summer, but my Mom's uncle passed away on Friday, May 22nd around 5pm. Uncle Alvin's passing is a huge loss for our Heider family. He was my Grandpa Walt's younger brother and to my cousins & I, he was like our fill in Grandpa after Grandpa Walt passed away. The weekend was filled with planning and preparations for his memorial service on Tuesday. Mom & I went to Spokane with her cousin Wendy on Sunday to get everything for the potluck that was planned for after the service. It was a nice time to spend with our family, even if it was under such circumstances. We treated ourselves to dinner at Anthony's after we got the groceries. We sat on the patio overlooking the Spokane Falls. It was a beautiful afternoon!
Mom and I were able to run to the Tri-Cities on Monday to take advantage of the Craft Warehouse 40% off coupon. We both got caught by the scrapbooking bug while we were there, so we bought some fun paper and raced home to play. I got five pages done!
This week has gone by fairly fast. The kids are counting down the days, well, maybe hours now. Tomorrow, our soccer, softball, tennis, and track teams are at the state tournaments, so I'm guessing school will be pretty sparse. Everyone was pretty excited today to get going to their respective corners of the state for the tournaments.
Tomorrow, Mom, Melissa, Grandma, and I, along with about 15 other women from Connell UMC and 15,000 other women from around the region, are going to Women of Faith in Spokane. I'm really looking forward to it - I haven't been since I was in college. I'm also excited that I get to see my friend Jodes from grad school.
Tonight, I was determined to get some quilting done...check it out!
I got it quilted and the binding sewed on, so now I have to hand sew the rest of the binding on. It's a good size, but folds to a pretty small rectangle. I'm thinking about taking it with me to sew at the conference, but maybe not. Once it's done, it will be my largest completed project!
P.S. Jessica, don't worry - your blog is definitely my fav, but I'm trying to brown nose Camille a little bit so I can win that cute fabric!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Very Pretty!! Love the colors of that quilt. I love Amy Butler. Did you say YOU quilted it??? Just wondering. By the way...Amy checked out that class at quiltworks, but I forget what she found out. I will get back to you on that. Good luck on the drawing!!

Hannah said...

How do you get so much done!! I get tired just reading about everything you have going on. You're amazing!